Exciting news: the AP History exam format was revised in May and August 2017! We’ll talk about these changes in August.
National Exam Date: May 11, 2018
Mock Exam Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Students should pick up United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Exam 2016 Edition by AMSCO Publications (pictured on the left).
By August 7th, all students should have read Chapters 1-3 (pages 1-64) and fill out the attached reading guides. If you have difficulty getting the book for ANY reason, please email or call right away.
Period 1: 1491 – 1607 Period 4: 1800 – 1848 Period 7: 1890 – 1945
Period 2: 1607 – 1754 Period 5: 1848 – 1877 Period 8: 1945 – 1980
Period 3: 1754 – 1800 Period 6: 1865 – 1898 Period 9: 1980 – Present
AP Test Sections
Please note: all of your quizzes, essays, and exams will follow the AP format and will be timed accordingly.
55 Stimulus Based Multiple Choice Questions 55 minutes
40% of National Exam Score
Short Answer Question (3/4 questions) 50 Minutes
20% of National Exam Score
Document Based Essay Question 60 minutes
25% of National Exam Score
Long Essay Question 40 Minutes
15% of National Exam Score
Class Supplies & Information
AP History students will have homework or studying to do every night – reading, listening to lectures or using eClass. Homework should NEVER take more than 45 minutes. If it is taking longer than 45 minutes, please contact me.
- United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Exam 2016 Edition by AMSCO Publications
- Daily access to the internet for homework (PLEASE let me know if this is an issue ASAP)
- Assignment notebook/Calendar app
- 3 Ring Binder with dividers (at least eight or nine)
- College Ruled Paper
- Colored Highlighters (Orange, Yellow, Blue, Pink and Green)
- Black or DARK blue pens (All graded assignments, must be written in blue or black pen)